BLUE EDGE LAB, LLC.
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 17, 2015
Information We Collect About You
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. The information that we collect from or about you depends on your interaction with our Site and Services. We require you to register with us to use certain areas and features of our Site, such as CyberTrak. To register you must provide certain personal information, such as your name, contact information, job title and employer. Depending on the service, you may also have to provide payment information, such as a credit card number or billing information. We will also collect information that you send to us, such as your email address if you send us an email.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect information such as the following about your use of our Site or Services through cookies and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; webpages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and/or use our Services; and the referring URL or the webpage that led you to our Site. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information. We may combine this automatically collected information with other information we have about you.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- Providing Our Services. To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries and for other customer service purposes.
- Communicating with You. To update you about content and offerings on our Site; to provide you with news and newsletters, special offers and promotions; to contact you about products or information we think may interest you; and for other marketing and promotional purposes, including marketing and promotion from third parties. We may communicate with you via email. See our “Marketing Choices” section below for more information about opting out of email communications.
- Analyzing Use of Our Services. To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis; to respond to user desires and preferences; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Complying with the Law. To comply with applicable legal obligations.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your information, including personal information, as follows:
- DLA Piper LLP (US). BEL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DLA Piper LLP (US). BEL is not a law firm and does not provide any legal services, but under certain circumstances your subscription to a BEL Service could theoretically create conflicts of interest for DLA Piper. In order to allow DLA Piper to determine whether such a potential conflict might exist, we may disclose information we collect about you to DLA Piper LLP (US).
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect about you to our subsidiaries, parent companies, or other affiliated entities, including DLA Piper LLP (UK) and CyberTrak, LLC, who may use the information to market or advertise to you. If we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Business Partners. We may disclose the information we collect about you to business partners, who may use the information to market or advertise to you.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect about you to vendors, service providers, contractors, agents or other third parties who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect about you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for business purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Do-Not-Track. Our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests, but we do not track you after you leave our Site. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
- Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Services.
- Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password and device by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in information and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by updating your account settings. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Transfer of Data to Other Countries
Any information you provide to BEL may be stored, processed, transferred to or accessed from the United States, which may not guarantee the same level of protection for personal information as the country in which you reside. However, BEL will handle your personal information in accordance with this Policy regardless of where your personal information is stored, processed, transferred to or accessed from.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for users under thirteen (13) years of age. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions or comments about our privacy practice, please contact us at:
Blue Edge Lab, LLC
The Marbury Building
6225 Smith Avenue
+1 410 753 9620
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the effective date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.